Final Reflection


Just like that, an entire trimester has passed. It seems like just yesterday we were stepping into the first lessons of our university journey and now we are reaching finals week already. On my first blog post, I had mentioned that I wanted to learn how to fine tune my presentation skills and improve my personal communication skills with strangers. In all honesty, I feel like I have truly achieved that. Our tight-knit class really hosted an environment of positivity and support. I was able to connect with everyone in the class and I really learnt how to communicate effectively with everyone. Moreover, I was able to refine the minor mistakes I used to make while writing. For instance, I learnt how to make my points more concise and how to properly format my reports so that they will be applicable in the working world. I also especially appreciated when we were sharing what we learnt with a small group of other team members during our lessons.

I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to coordinate the presentation showcase. I had the opportunity to work with some of my classmates across all three seminar groups. I had to work closely with Prof Brad and the emcees as well to ensure that the scheduling and flow of the event was smooth. Via this experience, I really learnt some key points I need to take note of while planning an event. As a member of the Student Management Committee for Telematics in 2020, this experience will really come in handy. I feel like I managed to plan a smooth event and I am really glad about how everything turned out. I truly appreciate this module and think it is really essential that we started our university journey with this as it helps us to be ready and prepared for whatever else may come our way.

I had a really fruitful journey and I would like to thank Prof Brad for guiding us through this module and for helping  us to improve our technical communication skills!

Comments

  1. Dear Jauhar,

    Thank you for this fluent, detailed reflection. I appreciate that you made an effort in it to address your module goals for communication and the degree to which you achieved that. Regarding presenting, you certainly showed off your control in the final project presentation. It's also heartyening to know that you feel you have improved your writing skills.

    I'm also very happy to learn that you valued the extra task of manning the helm of the presengtation showcase. You (and your team) did a highly commendable job in terms of creating an effective flow and ensuring delivery. One of the judges even mentioned to me how impressive the organization of the event was. I do hope the experience helps you in the management committee.

    Overall, you made a really excellent effort this term, from showing up to class every lesson on time to leading your project team and then leading the showcase committee.

    I wish you all the best as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words prof. I truly appreciate it. Thank you for your guidance as well. I hope to see you around campus often!

      Cheers,
      Jauhar

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts